Resource Consents


We have a full time planning team which handles all Resource Consent Applications.

There are two main types of application associated with subdividing a site:

Land Use RC application

This is required for any activity which does not comply with the rules of the councils district plan. Common examples of infringements are:- Height to Boundary or Maximum Height, Yards, Building or Site Coverage, Area or Volume of Earthworks.

There are also many rules in the district plans which require Land Use Consent to gain approval. Some examples include:-

Subdivision RC application

This is required when subdividing a site and is combined with a Land Use Consent if all rules are not complied with. It is required for all types of subdivision (Fee Simple, Cross Lease or Unit Title).